Friday, May 24, 2013

Thursday, May 23, Day 12

It was raining lightly this morning when Marcel left to make the rounds and I left for Whitby at 7:15.
The drive across Hwy 60 was uneventful until km 9 (the highway is measured with kilometer markers from 0 at the West Gate to 56 at the East Gate) when I spotted someone standing in the middle of the road. As I got closer, I realized it was a moose facing away from me!. Of course, I stopped & watched. He turned to look at me, then ambled off through the ditch and disappeared into the woods.

It rained off & on all the way to Gravenhurst, when, just south of there the skies opened and the rain was torrential almost causing me to pull off. After a short time, it stopped and the rest of the way was dry.
When I arrived at 11:00, Mom was sleeping & Dad was out, so I let myself in. Dad returned from disposing of the recycles & Mom got up. We got her settled in her chair, using the walker. She is improving slowly.
After lunch, we went for a walk down the hall & back with some encouragement - gotta keep moving!

Later, Dad & I went grocery shopping then made supper. Spent a quiet evening, visiting with a friend who dropped in.


No comments:

Post a Comment